Tuesday, March 25, 2008

My life is Mine

My heart has been beating heavy for weeks.
Can't breath, been losing sleep
Total confusion clouds my mind
Thoughts of emptiness all the time
Slowly losing the will to be
Only in my lover do I see
A greater time yet to pass
My soul with her forever last.

How did it come to this
Feelings that I just can't dismiss
The sadness in which i lonely exist
For long my mind in an endless twist
Never to listen to them again
They do not understand the pain within.
My love reminds me time and time
All the world with her is mine

This alone is what i need
A lover for life no matter the deed
She accepts me for who I am
My failures she couldn't give a damn
Until the end of my time
I will forever keep her mine.

5 comments:

Cerpts said...

You can choose your friends (and lovers) but you can't choose your family. When your family ceases to treat you with friendliness and love, and forces you to live according to THEIR wishes and not your own, it is then time focus on those who do not judge you and find everything you do to be unsatisfactory. Because in the long run, you can never satisfy these people and whatever you do will not be good enough.

These people do not have your best interests at heart (no matter how much they SAY they do); if they did they would not try to steer you in ways which make you miserable, go against everything you hold true and will NEVER make you successful or happy. Instead, they would support you in whatever aspirations you have WITHOUT being judgmental, intrusive and fucking rude. It is the responsibility of lovers, family AND friends to be supportive and non-judgmental about what you want from life; NOT to belittle your opinions and wishes in favour of their hair-brained schemes which haven't worked in their OWN lives and most probably would be any more successful applied to YOURS.

Those who focus on your profession or how much money you make are shallow and not worth bothering with. The worth of a person is NOT his profession or his possessions and anyone who thinks so is frankly mentally challenged and you shouldn't give them a second thought. I think I've made myself crystal clear.

Cerpts said...

Oh, and one last thing. . .

those who tell you how to run your life should spend a little less time on your life and give a little more scrutiny to their own lives which, from all accounts, are not what I would call a success. Get your own house in order before you go meddling in someone else's. And making those people you PROFESS to care about miserable, stressed and unhappy. What's the expression? With friends (and family) like these, who needs enemies?!?!

Anonymous said...

I'll love my Finky till I die.

Cerpts said...

Yes, but will you respect him in the morning??????

Anonymous said...

wow your family must really suck.

good thing you have such good friends
:}